Blogs I Follow
Okay, so I wasn’t going to buy the Distress markers, I mean I have Copic Sketch markers and three other sets that I use, so why buy another? But after deciding that I want the same colors as the other Tim Holtz inks and embossing powders I decided to get them. I ‘m so glad I did, they are very easy to work with, and the blending properties are great! The first two tags are practice samples using the markers with and w/o water. The third tag is made using the markers applied right on the stamp. I managed to get 4 generations of stamping from the one inking! If you buy these markers you won’t regret it – I just wish they were refillable.
Got my supplies in – was waiting for the glossy cardstock! I love the look of the finished project.-the glossy card stock makes it look very professional. It’s tricky working on the glossy paper the stamps slide on it – be careful! The first tag uses alcohol ink with a metallic mixative, makes for a cloudy (in a good way) looking blending of colors. The second and third tags were the same except for the backgroung color, but I wanted to show you how the two look good in both colors. The background stamps are new ones from Tim Holtz, very modern look that I didn’t think I’d like but – I do now! They are stamped in archival ink ncovered with distress ink. the black stamps are added last. I don’t like my blending on the last tag, but I like the technique. A reflecftions stamp and a butterfly stamp are stamped right onto the embossing folder then the tag is placed in the folder and run through the Vagabond machine. Shading is done after – If I did the right blending this would be great!
Last lesson – but not really for me because I still have a couple that I’m waiting for supplies. Note to self – stock up on more TH products! This is a beautiful background stamp that was inked with three colors. Then the tag was stamped, edged, and dried. For the finale, Rock Candy Stickles was used to give a sparkle to the tag, unfortunately the photo doesn’t show it very well 😦
Love, Love, Loved this Lesson! Tag 1 used acrylic paint on a stamp and then staining on a sticky backed canvas – beautiful results! Tag 2 was painted on crackle paint which was let dry , then staining and stamping – wish I’d had the larger dress form stamp (I did order it for next time!) Tag # 3 Crackle paint on a grunge board die cut, then stained. OOohh, just imagine the possibilities! The crackle glass is a little tricky – had too patch up one seahorse’s belly (see the black spot on the poor red bellied seahorse) because I put it on too thick and then it flaked off when dry. I just need more practice, practice, practice!